Welcome to the ggFTW English Dragon Nest Wiki! Please see the Help page if you want to help contribute or need help with something. Please help contribute! Spread the word about us! Every bit counts!
For discussions and requesting specific content to be added to the wiki, please post in our wiki forum.
From ggFTW Dragon Nest Wiki
Stats, short for statistics are numbers that determine a character's power. Depending on the stat, it can have a major influence on how your character deals or takes damage.
HP, short for Hit Points (or Health Points), are a character's vitality in-game. If HP goes below 0, the character will become incapacitated and be unable to do anything. So therefore, the higher a character's HP is, the more hits they will be able to take before they die.
- Ways of healing HP are leveling up, drinking a HP potion, or leaving the dungeon (will put your HP back to 100%).
- Ways of increasing Max HP includes equipment and crests that increase Max HP or Vitality, leveling up, and learning/leveling the skill Health Bolster.
MP is short for mana/magic points, and it's the amount of energy a player has at their disposal. All class skills need MP in order to use them. If MP hits 0, you will be unable to cast magic or use skills.
- Ways of healing MP are to level up, drink a MP potion, leaving a dungeon (will be back at 100% MP), or to wait for MP to regenerate naturally.
- Ways of increasing Max MP are wearing equipment or crests that increase MP or Intelligence, leveling up, and learning/leveling the skill Mental Fortitude.
- Increasing MP Regen rate can be done through equipment, crests, set effects, and the skill Attuned Mind.
Skill Points are vital to learn skills. On every level you will gain 10 SP to use on various skills. Most skills cost several SP to learn and level up, so carefully plan what skills you will level up and learn.
- The only way to get SP is by leveling up. SP can be reset by using a cash item. 10 SP is given every level up, except for level 40, where 20 SP is given.
Strength is the measure of a character's physical ability. Warriors naturally have the most strength because of this. The more strength a character has, the stronger their physical attacks and skills will have. Strength also affects the chance [[Stats#Paralyze|paralyzing], the chance of resisting getting paralyzed, and the chance of stunning an opponent.
- Ways of increasing strength include wearing a weapon, wearing certain equipment, and leveling up.
- 1 STR = 0.5 Physical Attack for Warriors and Clerics, 0.25 Physical Attack for Sorceresses and Archers, 3 Delay, 3 Delay Resist, and 2.5 Stun.
Intelligence is the amount of magical knowledge a character has. The sorceress class, naturally, has the most intelligence. The more intelligence a character has, the stronger magic and spells will be. It will also boost max MP and magic defense.
- Ways of increasing intelligence include equipment, crests, and leveling up.
- 1 INT = 0.5 Magic Attack for Warriors, Archers, and Clerics, 0.75 Magic Attack for Sorceresses, 35 MP, and 0.8 Magic Def.
Agility is the measure of how nimble a character is. An archer, naturally, has the most. The more agility a character has, the more they will be able to damage an enemy with ranged attacks. Agility also affects the chance of scoring a critical hit as well as lower the chance of an enemy scoring a critical hit on the player.
- Ways of increasing agility are wearing certain equipment or items, and leveling up.
- 1 AGI = 0.5 Physical Attack for Archers, 0.3 Physical Attack for Sorceresses, 0.25 Physical Attack for Warriors and Clerics, 10.5 Critical Resist, and 3.5 Critical.
Vitality is the amount of physical strength a character's body has. Clerics have the most stamina naturally. The more vitality a characters has, the more defense and HP they have. Vitality also decreases the chance of getting stunned.
- Ways of increasing vitality are wearing certain equipment or items (such as a shield), and leveling up.
- 1 VIT = 30 HP, 0.5 Defense, and 2.5 Stun Resist.
Will is the amount of willpower a character has. When facing an enemy, if the character's will is higher than the enemies, they will do more damage based on how much higher their will is. Conversely, if an enemy has a higher will stat than the player, then less damage can be done on the monster.
Shortened to Phys Dmg in-game, the two numbers is the base melee damage you are able to dish out on enemies. Other factors, such as buffs/debuffs or enemy defense may cause the damage shown to fluctuate.
- Physical Damage is directly influenced by the weapon and sub weapon. Str also will raise physical damage.
Shortened to Mag Dmg in-game, the two numbers is the base magical damage you are able to dish out on enemies. Other factors, such as buffs/debuffs or enemy defense may cause the damage shown to fluctuate.
- A magic weapon or sub weapon directly influences this skill. Intelligence can also add magical damage.
Defense decreases the amount of physical damage you will take from an enemy. The more defense a character has, the less damage they will take.
- Defense can be increased by wearing armor, or for Clerics, wearing a shield.
Magic Defense decreases the amount of magical damage you will take from an enemy.
- Magic Defense can be increased by wearing some armor, or raising the intelligence stat.
Attributes in Dragon Nest imbue your attack with an element, such as fire. The higher % the attribute is, the more damage you will do. It also will affect the damage you deal with certain monsters, depending on their resistances.
Thunder attack (also known as lightning or light) adds the thunder attribute into your attacks. It will increase damage overall, greatly increase damage against thunder-weak enemies, but decrease damage against thunder-resistant enemies.
- Certain skills such as Struck by Lightning or Righteous Bolt have the thunder attribute. Certain equipment can raise the thunder attribute as well.
Fire attack adds the fire attribute into your attacks. It will increase damage overall, greatly increase damage against fire-weak enemies, but decrease damage against fire-resistant enemies.
- Certain skills such as Inferno or Hot Rod have the fire attribute. Certain equipment can raise the fire attribute as well.
Ice attack adds the ice attribute into your attacks. It will increase damage overall, greatly increase damage against ice-weak enemies, but decrease damage against ice-resistant enemies.
- Certain skills such as Shatter or Icy Shards have the ice attribute. Certain equipment can raise it as well.
Dark attack adds the dark attribute into your attacks. It will increase damage overall, greatly increase damage against dark-weak enemies, but decrease damage against dark-resistant enemies.
- Certain skills such as Toxic Spray or Black Hole have the dark attribute. Certain equipment can raise it as well.
- Certain Rare equipment can turn your attacks completely into dark elemental, such examples would be Dark Manticore or Apocalypse equipment, Weapon names would be something like "Dark Manticore Sword" or "Dark Apocalypse Sword"
Resistance is the ability to take less damage or completely nullify certain attacks. Monsters that are one element often times have a resistance to the element too. 100% resistance will completely nullify attacks. Furthermore, certain types of monsters might be more resistant to certain debuffs than others.
- An example is that undead monsters are able to completely resist any dark attribute attacks.
Debuffs (as in the opposite of buffs) are attacks that cause adverse effects on an opponent. Some of them can severely damage, such as poison or limit movement, like being frozen.
When poisoned, you will slowly take a little damage every few seconds for a set amount of time. It is possible to die from poison damage. It also lowers your dark resistance.
When shocked, it initially stuns you for a short period of time. It lowers your thunder resistance for a set amount of time.
When burned, you will take a little damage every few seconds for a set amount of time. It's possible to die from burn damage, and it also lowers your fire resistance.
When frozen, you will be unable to move at all, except for certain skills such as Escape. While frozen, your ice resistance is lowered. Repeatedly tap the A and D button to escape faster.
When sleeping, you will be unable to move at all and will be knocked on to the ground. You will be vulnerable to all attacks during this time, but if you are hit you will wake up.
When stunned, you will be unable to move at all and be knocked on the ground.
When hit by slow, your movement speed will significantly decrease and cast time for skills will be significantly increased.